Only 10 spaces available – REGISTER NOW!
Spend an afternoon on the water, learn new skills, and experience thrilling challenges through adventure and kayaking!
Sportable is proud to partner with Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation and Beyond Boundaries to provide athletes with the opportunity to learn the basics of flatwater kayaking alongside the region’s most experienced staff at scenic locations on the James River.
Space is limited to only 10 athletes per session.
Who: This program is designed for Sportable members and is limited to 10 participants per session. Participants must be age 13+ and must be able to display that they can swim and/or float independently in order to participate in this program. There is a weight capacity of 250lbs for the boats that are used at this program.
NOTE: Participants MUST meet the following Essential Eligibility Criteria:
1. Breathe independently (i.e., not require medical devices to sustain breathing)
2. Independently maintain sealed airway passages while under water
3. Independently hold head upright without neck / head support
4. Manage personal care independently or with assistance of a companion
5. Manage personal mobility independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance
6. Follow instructions and effectively communicate independently or with assistance of a companion
7. Independently turn from face-down to face-up and remain floating face up while wearing a properly fitted life jacket
Tuesday, August 16th, 2022 – Huguenot Flatwater 8600 Southampton Road Richmond, VA 23235
Time: 6:00-8:00 PM
Please read through each page carefully to ensure that all information is provided accurately.
Select an option to continue with the registration.