Thank you for your interest in Sportable's Youth Wheelchair Basketball – Summer 2019 program!
Dates: Saturday's, May 4 - August 31, 2019
No practice on following dates:
- May 18: supplemental youth Tennis clinic on Sunday, May 19!
- June 22: supplemental youth Lacrosse clinic this day!
- July 13: supplemental youth Rock Climbing clinic this day!
- August 17: supplemental youth Swimming clinic this day!
- August 24: supplemental youth Splash & Dash event this day!
Location: Midlothian Family YMCA
737 Coalfield Rd, Midlothian, VA 23114
This program is open to children ages 3-18 (high school and younger) with a permanent lower limb disability (i.e. Spina Bifida, Amputation, Cerebral Palsy, Spinal Cord Injury, etc.). Not all players use wheelchairs for everyday mobility!
This sport is played in sports wheelchairs, and athletes must be able to maneuver their chairs independently. Sportable owns sports wheelchairs that athletes who are new to the sport can use at practices to begin their development within the sport.
Kids will be split into age specific groups:
- Prep: 13 and under
- Varsity: 14-18 / Enrolled in High School
- Varsity age athletes are encouraged to come to the Prep portion as well to help with coaching/instruction!
Please read through each page carefully to ensure that all information is provided accurately.